- A Fabrication Technician’s job entails fabrication of rubber, plastic and conveyor belting to customers specifications. Having the ability to problem solve and to work as a team. Build parts from work orders and/or blueprints using power tools. (We will train the right applicant on job specific tools.) Picking/packing orders, putting inventory away, contribute to general shop safety, maintenance, and neatness. This position also works directly with maintenance, safety and preventative maintenance crews of customers in regard to on-site work and/or for production assignments.
General Skills and Specifications
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work with general hand and power tools.
- Basic blueprint and measuring tape reading ability.
- Able and willing to work in a team environment.
- Able and willing to take instruction and learn quickly.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Able to lift 75-100 lbs.
- Having urgency and able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Having a positive and friendly attitude
- Detail orientated.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Mechanical/ Maintenance experience and problem-solving ability a plus
- Metal fab and welding experience a plus
- Able to work off site at customers’ facilities.
- Good telephone etiquette and sales personality skills are a plus.
- Prominent organization and presentation skills
- Willingness to follow instructions and learn.
- Demonstrate the drive to be efficient and timely.
- Possess a strong work safety attitude.
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Relevant experience/ training in custom fabrication
- Metal fabrication
- Belting experience ****A PLUS ****
- General mechanic/ maintenance
- OSHA certifications
- Customer service
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to speak English.
FLN-MAR Rubber and Plastics Inc.; Holyoke, MA – Providing superior artisanship and customer service since 1969.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Day shift
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Drivers (Required)
Work Location: In person